Thursday, January 03, 2013

Coffee Meeting in Amesbury

A working day today - or so it was planned!  The weather has abated and is much warmer and drier.  According to the news on the radio this morning, last year (2012) was England's second wettest on record (2000 retaining its title as the wettest) but only by three-quarters of an inch of rainfall!  It was the third wettest in Wales but comparatively dry in Scotland and Northern Ireland!  Thom and Sara did Thom's paper round this morning and I decided to get up, have a shower and cup of tea and then attended to my devotions in the family room.  This is my new habit and I hope it will become second nature after this first month.  It is so nice to have the peace and quiet in which to read, reflect and pray. I did some Masonic work this morning and at lunchtime I drove up to Amesbury for a meeting with Lee who is going to join Rose Croix, the Christian Degree in Freemasonry.  We chatted for a couple of hours at Costa Coffee about many different things and it was good to catch up.  I then drove on to Andover to bank a couple of cheques which I had received in the post before returning home for a cup of tea and a sandwich.  Tonight I visited James and we had a meeting to discuss the programme for House Group over the coming weeks - deciding that we would look at a comparison of the four gospels starting with the story of the Nativity.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment