Monday, January 14, 2013

A theological day

A heavy theological day today.  After my devotions and dealing with some essential paperwork, I drove into Salisbury and spent the rest of the day at Sarum College, first of all in the library finishing off my essay on Dominican Spirituality and afterwards attend class in the evening on the topic of the Patristic Period in church history - i.e. the early ideas from such theologians as Ireneaus and Origen.  Some really heavy stuff.  Sara and I met for a light lunch in town at 1 p.m. as she had an appointment with the optician which was a pleasant break.  The time seemed to go very quickly indeed and I did finish my essay in final draft form which I sent to Sara for proof-reading.  I need to add another bibliography after which I'll send it off to my tutor who is expecting it as it is a bit overdue.  Still need to complete one further essay on preaching and then put together three portfolios once all the marking sheets are in. I ended the day relaxing by watching the TV documentary on the Archbishop's farewell to Canterbury.  A bit like a busman's holiday today!  It's going to be a busy January especially as I am going away for a couple of days with Richard to Cornwall.  I shall enjoy the break.

No comments:

Post a Comment