Sunday, January 06, 2013

Epiphany

A thick fog enveloped the village this morning and Sara and Thom said that it was a real "pea-souper" at the time they went  on his paper round.  After my devotions I attended the Early Morning Eucharist service (Epiphany) at St. John's and Andrew, the curate who took the service, gave me a lift to the village shop where I bought bacon and rolls for breakfast.  Sara and the kids did not go to church and spent the day in taking down the decorations which I stored up in the loft.  Mary also made a lemon cake which was absolutely delicious. This afternoon Liverpool beat Mansfield Town in the FA Cup Third Round thanks to a clear and blatent hand-ball in the box by Suarez!  Quite a controversy about that this evening.  Richard and I met in the Lion's Head for a couple of hours this evening - the first time we've done that for quite a few weeks.  We are planning to have a couple of days away in Cornwall towards the end of the month. Sara's headache is not much better and she is constantly feeling unwell at the moment.  I think the early mornings don't suit her.  Went to bed at abot 1 a.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment