Thursday, January 10, 2013

Meetings with a Bishop

An incredibly busy day today.  After working frantically in the study this morning I walked up to the Team Office to spend an hour with the new Team Administrator going through some employment terms and conditions and as well as simply introducing myself and getting to know her a little better. This took about an hour after which time a rushed back home, got changed and then drove to East Grimstead for lunch and a meeting with the new Bishop of Ramsbury together with the clergy and Greater Deanery Chapter and members of the Standing and Pastoral Committee.  That took until about 3 p.m after which I rushed back home, picked up Sara and went with her to a further meeting (tea) with the Bishop and the Lay Pastoral Assistants.  Sara and I stayed there about an hour and had another opportunity to listen to the Bishop who is anxious to find out what is happening in the various parishes which make up the Clarendon Team and Alderbury Deanery.  After this it was another rush back home for me to change and get my material together to give an illustrated lecture on Titanic to Elias De Derham Freemasons' Lodge in Salisbury.  As the guest speaker I was given prominence on the top table afterwards and presented with a lovely floral table decoration to take home.  There were about 35 at tonight's meeting all of whom seemed to enjoy my talk and I received many compliments afterwards.  I finally arrived back home at around 10.45 p.m. having stopped for fuel and given one member a lift back to his home in Alderbury.   A long, busy but satisfying day.  Unfortunately, the work is piling up in my study!

No comments:

Post a Comment