Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Measuring up for my robes

Another day indoors today - and much colder than yesterday.  Spent the morning in the study preparing to go away to Cornwall.  Updated my blog and dealt with some important correspondence including sending out invoice reminders for Complex.  This afternoon, Sara measured me up for my ecclesiastical robes - cassock and surplice - and I sent the order in to the ecclesiastical tailors, who are based in Newcastle upon Tyne, by email.  I await their acknowledgement.  I have ordered the better quality cassock which will be warmer for wearing in our colder churches.  Sara would like me to look like Bishop Brennan from the Father Ted series.  Received the mark for my latest essay on Dominican spirituality which I had found quite a difficult topic to write about.  Consequently it had been a shorter essay than most.  A got a very respectable 61% which was quite a surprise - 21% above a pass mark and equivalent to a 2:1 degree mark.  Now for my essay on preaching.  Went to bed quite early tonight to read up on the early conflicts between Church and Roman Empire - the current topic for my History of the Church module.  Looking forward to a couple of days away in Cornwall before a frantic weekend ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment