Monday, January 07, 2013

Brighton Rose Croix

Today was split in two.  Thom was back to school today and Sara went on his paper round with him and managed to complete it in half an hour.  Mary does not go back to school until tomorrow and so she and Sara went into Salisbury this morning, shopping.  I worked in the study until lunchtime and also made a call to the suppliers of ecclesiastical robes as I really need to get these before too long.  The cost is going up in February so I had better get the order in before the end of this month.  I then got changed into my Masonic suit and drove over to Brighton to attend a meeting of my Rose Croix chapter.  Lee, a friend from Wiltshire was being perfect tonight and I acted as Assistant Director of Ceremonies - the first time I've undertaken any office in this Christian Order.  a really lovely evening with a fine ceremony.   Lee looked magnificent in his Rose Croix regalia and I know will make a very fine Rose Croix mason. Unfortunately he couldn't stay for the dinner and I was asked to say a few words on his behalf.  He will have an opportunity to make a short speech next time.   The dinner was a little heavy this evening for me with large portions - egg mayonnaise, turkey and ham pie, lemon pancakes and coffee and mints. I took the crust off the pie, nibbled only a small amount of bread and ignored the potatoes (although they did look good!).  Best only eat if really hungry!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment