Tuesday, January 08, 2013

Back to School/College

Mary returned to school today so we are getting back into the routine of a normal working week.  The weather remains warmer thsn usual for this time of year but still very wet.  I cleaned the car and Sara went into Salisbury to attend her "Ladies that Latte" meeting.  Our piano was taken away today for use at the Lord Nelson for a "Cockney Night" or some similar event.  Sara is hoping it won't return and I have agreed provided that I can replace it with a keyboard which can be used as both a piano and an organ.  I will need to do some research into such an instrument.  I visited James today to take a copy of my book on Gospel Parallels by theologian, Throckmorton, to be used at the House Group on Thursday.  We have decided to look at comparing the gospel stories up until Lent when we will, no doubt, roll out an approved Lentern course.  I also, this afternoon, prepared myself for tonight's tutorial at Blandford Forum on the "Story of the Church".  As a keen historian, I am really looking forward to this module. I am going to Blandford tonight as I could not make the session in Salisbury last night. David Bacon, who took the course tonight, was really excellent.  The weather was pretty bad driving down to Dorset with heavy rain, especially on the return journey.  The venue was reasonably easy to find - thanks to Google Maps - it was just a question of working out the one way system.  The venue, the Blandford Forum Parish Centre was well attended tonight.  There were twelve of us on the course and there was also, in an adjoining room, a large contingent of ladies engaged in "Knit and Chat".  There seemed to be more chatting than knitting going on!  I really did enjoy the session tonight and will certainly enjoy the assignments.

No comments:

Post a Comment