Tuesday, February 26, 2013

A busy day

  A hectic day today.  After breakfast I dealt with some paperwork and mid-morning visited a new client at their home very close to our old house on Hampton Park Estate.  That meeting lasted about an hour and a half and I then drove into the centre of Salisbury to park in the multi-storey car park in New Road.  I attended a lunch for Alabare volunteers in Salisbury's Guildhall where a number of presentations were made in a recruitment drive for more volunteers.  They are looking for 40 new assistant chaplains and I might consider one of those roles as an extension of my licensed ministry.  After the lunch I drove to Wilton and had a look around the Italianate Church, lighting a candle for Dad and Sara's Mum, before meeting with my college mentor and other students to discuss our ministry formation.  It was confirmed that our Licensing Ceremony/Service will take place on the morning of Saturday 28th September this year.  We discussed a good many things - some were unique to those doing the doctrine course in Amesbury - and quite a few issues were cleared up.  One of my portfolios is being kept back to show to the Church House inspectors in May - I hope that is a good sign - I did get a good mark so I hope it is to convince the inspectors that the teaching is up to standard.    My Mum's 84th Birthday today. I gave her a call this afternoon but her line was busy with goodwill messages from other people. She eventually called me at around 7 p.m. and we had a lovely chat. She is in good spirits and much better in her health. She told me that her consultant thought that she had made a remarkable recovery - one of his best results ever. A quiet evening tonight.  Later this evening we had a one hour Skype conversation with Sara's Dad and Andrea.  He had a health scare at the weekend but seems recovered. This shocked Sara.  His health isn't good with a chronic back problem.  Their weather is worst than ours as they are in the grip of a big freeze at the moment.  Looked forward to my bed tonight as I could hardly keep awake when talking to the in-laws!

No comments:

Post a Comment