Monday, February 04, 2013

Bookwork Day

I spent most of the morning on my own as Sara went and had coffee with her friend Janet at 10.30 a.m and didn't return until 1 p.m.  In that time I reconciled our private bank accounts and undertook some administration work for Complex Services Limited including sending out bills, claiming expenses and reconciling the business accounts.  all quite laborious but satisfying to do.  i also took delivery of a large Tesco grocery order which included a large number of items which had been substituted.  As I didn't know what good Sara had originally ordered (although I later discovered that they were listed on the delivery sheet!) I just accepted everything including two enormous Easter eggs which she hadn't ordered.  On Sara's return she cooked us a beef and vegetable stew (hopefully not horse meat!) and this afternoon I went into Salisbury to spend the rest of the day in Sarum College library where I wrote my lecture on The Story of Boaz for delivery at Wednesday's Lodge meeting and again in Brighton on Monday. I stayed on at college tonight and attended another two-hour tutorial on the Reformation in England (wonderful history) and the theology of Salvation as affected by the Reformers. Heavy theology tonight - Luther, Calvin et al.  Arrived home at 10.15 pm. quite shattered.  Sara had a skyped conversation with her father and Grandrea whilst I made myself a sandwich and sipped wine.  Must enjoy my wine and beer as only one week to go before Lent when it will be back to diet cokes at our pub evenings.

No comments:

Post a Comment