Monday, February 11, 2013

A "Dash" to Brighton

AA cold day today with light snow which covered the lawns and the cars.  A busy morning catching up on quite a number of things. Sara was out for most of the morning.  Thom is at school and Mary is off for half-term - which she spent this morning in bed!   My ecclesiastical robes arrived from Newcastle but I was in so much of a rush today that I have left them still packaged up in their box in the dining room.  I also received a phone call from a close friend of the family (our children's godfather) about the special requirements for a church wedding for his daughter who lives in Canada.  This delayed me a little (although it was important) in setting off for Brighton (at around 2.20 p.m.) where I am due to deliver a lecture at 5.30 p.m. to members and guests of Brighton & Hove Civic Lodge.  This is the same lecture I delivered in Salisbury last Wednesday.  Although my journey was not hampered by the snow, I was diverted off the A27 at Chichester due to severe flooding near Tangmere and had to join the queue of traffic navigating the A259 along through Bognor Regis and Littlehampton.  I arrived at Peter's in Hove at 4.40 p.m. (a journey time of 2 hours and 20 minutes), had a quick change into more sober clothes and a bus ride into Brighton arriving in good time.  The lecture was received well although like the meeting in Salisbury, it was not that well attended. Dinner tonight consisted of vegetable soup, beef (hopefully and not horse) and mushroom pie and creme caramel.  We finished quite early and returned to Peter's by bus.  An early night for a change.

No comments:

Post a Comment