Monday, February 25, 2013

Well this is getting rather monotonous - another bitterly cold day.  I wish I could write something better about the weather.  We continue to be subjected to a bitterly cold wind from the north.  This morning Sara, after struggling to complete the Parish Magazine, went to Downton for a session with her personal trainer.  I dealt with some paperwork in the study, ordered some flowers to be delivered to Mum on her 84th birthday tomorrow.  I also did some preparation for tonight's tutorial.  At lunchtime I visited Andover for shopping, banking and a visit to the post office.  I had a coffee in Costa Coffee and wrote Mum's birthday card whilst there as well as reading the Church Times. This evening I attended my tutorial at Sarum College when we discussed the doctrines of Salvation and after the coffee break looked at the pontificates of Pius IX and Leo XIII during the 19th century and the dogmas of Papal Infallibility and the Immaculate Conception.  Really fascinating stuff.  I wish I could write an assignment on the popes but this is not possible this year.  Maybe next year.  I arrived home just after 10 p.m. and watched the second half of a Poirot episode with Sara as light relief from the studying. 

No comments:

Post a Comment