Thursday, February 21, 2013

Out in the Cold Lands

This morning, Sara started the painful process (for me) of going through the bookcase in the Family room and identifying books to go to the charity shop!   was with her for about ten minutes before I had a phone call which took up a good deal of the next half hour.  I had my monthly meeting with Nils this morning following which I pondered my call and my role in the ministry team. I had lunch with Ashley in the Cathedral Refectory which cheered me up and spent the afternoon in Sarum College Library writing up my sermon for Sunday evening.  The weather turned bitterly cold this afternoon - bitter not being a strong enough word to describe the cutting cold we seem to be experiencing.  I built a large roaring fire again in the lounge for our House Group and we spent two hours studying further the works of C. S. Lewis which everyone in the Group is enjoying. Sara has an awful toothache and has dosed herself up into the world of "la-la".  James stayed behind afterwards and we put the world to rights over tea.  It's soooo cold tonight.  I couldn't get to sleep easily and got up at 2 a.m. to watch a programme about Lawrence of Arabia.  The winter seems like the one in Narnia - cold and never ending with no Christmas in sight.

No comments:

Post a Comment