Wednesday, February 20, 2013

S'No Boarding!

Andrew picked me up at 9.30 a.m. and drive me over to Whaddon for Mid-Week Eucharist, taken by Jane, before going on to our Team staff meeting at the Alderbury Vicarage.  At the same time, Sara took Thom to his friend Doug's and then on to Southampton to spend the morning at the dry ski and snow boarding centre as Thom was keen to try our snow-boarding.  Unfortunately, when they got there Thom was unfamiliar with the kit and Sara felt uneasy about him doing any snow-boarding without proper instruction.  The cost of an hour's lesson and its availability was prohibitive and so Sara and Thom had to spend the time watching and waiting for Doug to enjoy himself on his own.  quite a disastrous trip.  Sara had also hoped to use a Wi-Fi to do some work on the Parish Magazine but no Wi-Fi was available. It grew very cold this afternoon and so I lit a fire.  I could have gone to another meeting this evening but decided that they could manage without me and so Sara and I decided to sit and watch TV by the roaring fire.   

No comments:

Post a Comment