Wednesday, February 06, 2013

Story Telling

After breakfast, this morning, I drove over to Whaddon for mid-Week Eucharist followed by a meeting of the Clarendon Ministry Team at the Alderbury Vicarage which lasted until 1 p.m.  After a brief visit to Tesco to buy some ink for Sara's printer, I returned home for a soup lunch with Sara.  This afternoon I picked up Thom from his school where he had stayed behind to attend a Revision Class for his ITC studies.  Tonight I gave my talk entitled "The Story of Boaz" to a small gathering of about 15 Freemasons at Sarum Lodge.  Essentially I retold the Book of Ruth which everyone seemed to find fascinating and at least two of the Masons present have said that it has encouraged them to pick up and read the bible again.  The best accolade I could have.  After the formal part of the meeting had concluded, I, and a few other masons, including Si, sat around and discussed the future of Freemasonry in Salisbury with the declining numbers we are experiencing.     We concluded that we need to inject some enthusiasm for younger members and be much more outward going in telling of what we stand for and some of the good works we have done in and for the community.  We have a great story to tell and we need to tell it!

No comments:

Post a Comment