Thursday, February 07, 2013

Thom's Birthday

It is Thom's 16th birthday today!  Yikes, where has the time gone?  I can remember my first date with Sara like it was yesterday.  Little did I know that 17 years later I would be celebrating my first born's 16 years on this planet.  It is scary to think that if that date hadn't gone as well as it did, Thom would not be here today.  Thom had to leave early for school so decided that he wanted to open his presents when he came home tonight.  Sara and I had agreed that as it was as much her day as Thom's we would make it a day off - no work or studying although I did spend the first couple of hours this morning writing some letters.  We drove over to Stockbridge and had lunch in the Grosvenor Hotel where we nearly spent our wedding night.  We also ordered an Indian takeaway from the Indian restaurant in the High street - this is what Thom had said he preferred to our usual visit to the Water Margin Chinese Restaurant in North Baddesley.  We ordered the meal for 6.15 p.m.  After Thom came home he opened a few presents - mainly money - and rang is Grandma for a short chat and to thank her for the £20 she had so generously sent him.  Thom and I went back to Stockbridge and picked up the Indian meal.  This evening we watched the film "The Queen" which Thom particularly wanted to see as he had been doing some English assessment work on the Queen's speech following the death of Diana, Princess of Wales.  Sara and I and Mary also enjoyed watching it again.    

No comments:

Post a Comment