Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Choir Practice again after 43 Years!

I rose early this morning, attended my devotions and after a lovely bacon sandwich went into Salisbury, first to deliver a bill to one of our clients and afterwards to spend the day in Sarum College Library.  I briefly spoke to Mum from my car phone as I drove in and she seems to be in excellent spirits and enjoying life again now that she is driving and going to curling and her weekly night at the Conservative Club. Sara took Thom into the city also to have his eyes tested and he will be required to wear reading glasses for computer work.  As he is a student in full time education the cost will be met by the NHS.  Sara and Thom came into college and joined me for a coffee in the common room.  It also gave me an opportunity to show them around the building and the chapel.  I stayed in college all day until about 6.30 p.m. and managed to finish off an essay, make amendments to the introduction to my History portfolio and work on the service I am to deliver in Whaddon on Sunday evening at the combined Anglican and  Roman Catholic service.  I called in at Matalan and bought two dark shirts for the very reasonable price of £6 each and then drove to Farley Church to take part in the Holy Week Choir practice.  As there are only four male voices (mine included) I was very much welcomed.  We spent about and hour (with an additional 15 minutes coffee break) practising some Taize and other music.  Very enjoyable.  It took me back to my days as a boy chorister in Grimsby. The enjoyment was enhanced by the thought that I had substituted this event for a budget meeting of the Team Council where I am currently only an observer in any case.  Back home, Sara and I watched a film called "Fracture" starring Anthony Hopkins as a wife killer defending himself.  Hopkins at his spookily best!

No comments:

Post a Comment