Friday, March 20, 2009

Devizes diversion

A day in Salisbury today. Not a lot to report today really. The weather was very hot and sunny. Apart for a quick trip out at lunchtime to buy and post a Mother's Day card for Mum and cards and presents for Sara, I spent most of the day in HR dealing with tribunal cases. I brought in sandwiches which I bought at the local Tesco's. I left a little early to go to Devizes to attend the Wiltshire Lodge of Fidelity No. 663's installation meeting which was presided over by the Deputy Provincial Grand Master. He is a lovely chap. As the Provincial Senior Grand Deacon I was given pride of place next to the acting Provincial Grand Wardens at the front of the stage so I had a good view of the proceedings. The ceremony was most unusual in several parts - very different to what I have been used to in Sussex and even Sarum. The company at the dinner afterwards was excellent and the food good too - tomato soup, roast chicken, profiteroles (without the chocolate sauce in my case as we are in the middle of Lent), cheese and biscuits and coffee. The Provincial Team, including me, left at around 9.30 p.m. and I was back home at around 10.25 p.m. Once home I packed for our trip to Lancashire tomorrow - Blackpool first to see Saints take on the Seasiders or Tangerines as they are sometimes known - and then Liverpool for the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment