Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Crab Lunch


Quite a pleasant and enjoyable day today helped by the fact that I didn't have to travel up to Dorking but spent the whole day in Salisbury. It's so nice to get into the office early - 8.00 a.m. - and get cracking on the day's work. Susan in our Claims Dept. had two spare tickets for the Al Murray Pub Night Show at the Bournemouth International Centre for Saturday night so I snapped these up for Sara and me to go - subject to finding a child minder for that evening. I had an enjoyable lunch at The Lemon Tree with others on the IT/HR outsourcing project courtesy of the Company. I had mackerel pate, blue swimming crab (never heard of this animal before) salad and cheese and biscuits. Looking into the blue swimming crab on the Internet I discovered that it is one of the healthiest foods you can eat - rich in good minerals and omega oils with no saturated fats and is found in Far Eastern Waters - around the China Sea and Australia. I will have to look out for where else I can get it. It looks quite different from our home grown edible crab but is quite tasty if a little stronger than normal crab. Much of the table discussion was about diving and snorkelling and exotic holidays. We tried to keep off the topic of work and the Company but it is difficult with so much going on. I left the office at 5.45 p.m. and attended our lodge meeting at the Masonic Hall. The meeting went well with me acting as the Director of Ceremonies which I quite enjoyed. The supper was not quite as exotic as lunch but was a very good meal of vegetable soup, roast chicken breast, cheesecake and cheese and biscuits. Home at 10.30 p.m. to complete this blog and send out emails to those attending our house group tomorrow to let them know that we will be watching "The Pursuit of Happyness" instead of "The Green Mile" as originally intended.

No comments:

Post a Comment