Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Golf Ra(n)ge

In Salisbury again today. Another new tribunal case came in which will require me to draft a defence before Easter. That's two new cases in the last five days! I went out to lunch with my golfing partner Derek. I say "golfing" partner - we actually haven't played a round of golf together since last summer - indeed, I haven't played any golf since Autumn. We went to Wagamama's for a Thai-style curry washed down with a light Japanese beer and he brought me up to date with his love-life. We also discussed the fortunes of our respective football clubs - Derek is a season-ticket holder for Norwich City which, like the Saints, is facing possible relegation to League 1. It could end up with both going down. We agreed to start playing golf again after Easter and agreed to get into contact with each other after the Easter break to arrange something - either at Grateley or Otterburn. More meetings this afternoon. When I got home this evening, Mary had taken herself off to bed with a sore throat and the first symptoms of a nasty cold. I threw my golf clubs in the back of my car and drove to Grateley to get some golf practice in on the driving range there. I got a basketful of balls and when I had finished with them picked up a few more and hit those too. My driving was truly awful, either hooking to the right or topping them. My whole body felt tense and I could not get a good swing. I was very annoyed with such a poor performance. I will have to get a lot more practice in before I go out on the course again with Derek. Back home I made a wood fire and we had a light supper of toasted cheese sandwiches. We watched the next episode of Auf Wiedersehen Pet which has become my weekly TV treat. I then wrote up this blog before having a shower and going to bed relatively early leaving Sara watching the TV.

1 comment:

  1. and i thought golfing was supposed to be relaxing??

    ReplyDelete