Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Saints march on but Mariners sink

Back to Dorking again today. No appointments but plenty of work to do. Not the best of days to begin with. Worked through my lunch hour following a lengthy meeting with staff to discuss the monthly report for February. I was due to go down to Brighton this evening for a chapter meeting but had already decided that I really didn't want to go. The weather when I left the office at around 5.30 p.m. was dreadful - high winds and driving horizontal rain. It took me nearly two and a half hours to get home with traffic jams in Dorking, Guildford and Farnham. I think the coat of arms for Surrey should depict a queue of cars! As I was reaching home the Ipswich v Saints game started on BBC Solent Radio. I continued to listen to it at home over the sound of warring children! Tom followed the game on Sky Sports News TV. Saints notched up a 3-0 win over Ipswich - the third win in a row. Unfortunately both Norwich and Nottingham Forest won too which leaves Saints still three points adrift from safety in third place from the bottom but the team is certainly gaining in confidence and the standard of play was certainly better than it has been for a long time. The Ipswich fans booed and left early as their team was humiliated by Southampton. I firmly believe that if Saints can string a few more wins together they can get of the mess. If only Preston could have done us a favour tonight against Forest. Portsmouth also lost tonight which puts Regrettably it wasn't all good news as in League 2 Bournemouth beat Aldershot 2-0 and Grimsby lost at home to Brentford 0-1. This sends Grimsby down into the bottom two and a non-league future now faces them.

No comments:

Post a Comment