Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Auf wiedersehen


A second day in Salisbury today. Traffic into the city was bad again especially as a car had either broken down or had an accident just before St. Thomas's Roundabout and the police were controlling traffic. I had another appointment with the dentist at 8.45 a.m. and was concerned that I might not get there on time. I needn't have worried as the traffic eased up after the accident/breakdown and I parked the car at the office at 8.30 a.m. giving me 15 minutes to get to the dentist. It was another filling and another fee for the dentist. I had to return later in the day when I discovered that I had left my wallet at home and had to ring Sara to bring it in to work. Not sure what they would have done if I couldn't have brought the money in later. Drill the filling out again? I didn't stop for lunch today - simply having a sandwich during an hour-long telephone conference with our counsel and managers on the Isle of Man in connection with the Madoff affair. There was more news of people leaving too! Sara has been feeling uncomfortable all day with a rash all over her body which she can't explain. We think it is an allergy of some kind but can't think what it might be unless it is connected in some way to the removal of the fibre glass around the hot water cylinder by the plumber on Monday. She managed to see our doctor this evening and he confirmed that it was indeed some allergy or other and he prescribed some strong antihistamines which we hope will help. Tonight we treated ourselves to a Chinese takeaway from Porton - something we haven't done in a while. We watched Auf Wiedersehen Pet on the TV - the episode with the rat in the hut and Oz eating rat poison and getting a raging thirst. Excellent writing from the same pen as the writer of The Likely Lads. Wonderful stuff. "auf wiedersehen" seems to be the mission statement at our company at the moment so a fitting programme to watch. This was followed by Rambo but Sara was by this time fast asleep, as usual, on the couch.

No comments:

Post a Comment