Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Another day in the Salisbury office

A busy but pleasant day in the Salisbury office today. I arrived quite early (8.15 a.m.) and was lucky to get one of the last two spaces in the car park. I worked in the executive suite during the morning and met up with Sara for a light mackerel salad lunch before my two team colleagues arrived from Dorking to join me for a meeting with HR. This meeting took up the rest of the afternoon. I fully intended to go swimming this evening but upon getting home found that Tom had managed to get his indoor basket ball - which we especially shopped for an indoor basket and ball for his bedroom too for his birthday - stuck up high on the roof. I tried to get it down with a long pole and also by attempting to hose it down with jets of water but to no avail. It is still there like an orange cyst on the roof! I was really angry that yet again he had not used a ball for the purpose it was bought but as a football outside. I didn't get to the Leisure Centre for my swim - instead I'll go first thing tomorrow morning on my way in to work. Sara cooked a Thai pork curry with basmati rice for supper using fresh vegetables which was delicious. Tonight I phoned our friends the Russells to arrange to met them at the Water Margin in North Baddesley on their way up to Worcester on Sunday. The Water Margin does an excellent Chinese buffet on a Sunday and we all like Chinese food so we should all enjoy it. Klynn also phoned to say that Susan would be away in Marrakesh on Thursday and so it would be better to have the House Group at his house. I set about sending an e-mail out to all the usual attenders. Sara watched Desperate Housewives!

No comments:

Post a Comment