Monday, March 23, 2009

Surrey Jams


After a lovely break away in Lancashire it was back to the daily grind to Surrey. Before leaving home I hoisted the Liverpool FC flag in honour of Liverpool's great win against Aston Villa yesterday. The Premier League title is still theirs for the asking if they can continue that type of performance and Manchester United slip up. The traffic was truly awful again but I managed to escape the worst of it by keeping off the motorway (other than the short Basingstoke stretch). I passed at least three accidents on my way up to Dorking arriving there at around 9.30 a.m. I met up with my team for whom I bought a decent coffee each to drink at our meeting. It was then off to HR for a telephone conference on a new employment tribunal matter. I had a lunch of soup and a roll and spent the afternoon drafting a defence for the new tribunal case. I will be discussing this again with the clients tomorrow in Salisbury (yippee! - no major commuting tomorrow). Sara phoned me to tell me that her redundancy was as good as confirmed following a meeting with her director today. On the way home I stopped off to buy flowers in Andover for me and the children to give her as well as a bottle of sparkling wine. The end of an era is upon us. Despite the potential redundancy we should be grateful to the company as if we had never joined it we would never have met and never had our two lovely children. What a thought! Talking of children, Mary was thrilled to get herself a new mobile phone today - her previous one mysteriously vanishing - and was so proud to show it to me. Tom is upset about it as he never had one at her age and certainly never a new one. He has one already (Sara's old one) and now wants a new one too. He can buy it himself if he does and he can properly earn the money to do so too! He is bound to lose it too at some stage. He bought himself an I-Touch with his birthday money and so already has much more than Mary. Sara spent the evening putting together the parish magazine and I wrote up this blog going to bed early.

No comments:

Post a Comment