Tuesday, March 17, 2009

St. Patrick's Day


A glorious warm and sunny day today and I hoisted the St. Patrick's flag (red cross in saltire on a white background) to celebrate the day. The only other similar flag I saw today was on top of the western church at Marlborough. I spent the morning working in our Salisbury office drafting two defences to recent employment tribunal applications. I had an enjoyable lunch of roast pork with Sara in the office restaurant followed by another meeting in HR to discuss the morning's drafts. I left the office around 2.30 p.m. for the long drive to Liverpool where I am staying tonight with Malcolm. The journey was not an especially good one. A lorry had overturned at Birdlip in Gloucestershire severely congesting that vulnerable part of the journey and it took me over 30 minutes to drive the 4 miles or so to the M5. That motorway was quite clear until West Bromwich and I then turned off to go through Wolverhampton and on to Stafford by the old road. The traffic along Wellington Road in Wolverhampton was congested following an accident but I had the delight of driving along a road shared with the trams which link Wolverhampton with Birmingham Snow Hill. I eventually arrived at Liverpool at 7.45 p.m. Malcolm and I went to Lark Lane to the Chili Banana, a highly recommended Thai restaurant which proved to be excellent. We had the banquet for two comprising a selection of starters, two main course dishes with rice and vegetables, a coconut based soup and coffee. Beautifully cooked. Back at Malcolm's we had an interesting theological discussion on whether sin is graded! This whilst consuming a large glass of whisky each!

2 comments:

  1. I didn't know you could get marks for Sin

    want makes an A grade??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well if it is graded, I must definitely be in for a good place at the University of Sin.

    ReplyDelete