Thursday, March 26, 2009

Grand Canyon

A second day in succession in Dorking and I journeyed the same way as yesterday to avoid any problems on the M3 and M25. Today it was raining quite heavily as I made my way northwards. Matt had brought some cakes in from a bakery in Horsham as it had been his birthday a few days earlier. I chose a lovely warm sausage roll to have with my morning coffee. I spent the morning preparing for the department meeting in the afternoon and dealing with some compensation claims from advisers. I broke for lunch at 1 p.m and ate a lovely seafood kedgeree with curry sauce. After lunch I had a teleconference with our General Manager in the Isle of Man which was immediately followed by the department meeting. I arrived home at around 7.30 p.m. Sara had made some lovely ginger biscuits for tonight's House Group. They were still warm and soft so I ate a couple with a mug of coffee before we started. We had six tonight including Sara and me. After a short prayer we sat down to watch a film which Klynn had brought called Grand Canyon starting Kevin Kline, Danny Glover, Steve Martin (in a straight role) and Mary McDonnell. At first it seemed an unusual choice for a Christian Group with a lot of expletives throughout and it was probably as well that Mary had gone off to bed to watch another DVD. The message of the film was that small events can be miracles and that one off events can shape our lives - they may be insignificant (or significant) at the time but their significance only known by us at a later time. Klynn stayed behind for his usual (two glasses this time Susan) until just before midnight. I then set about writing this blog. Tomorrow I am in Salisbury all day with Alpha to look forward to in the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment