Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Anunciation Wednesday

Another day in Dorking and another commute. The car radio informed me that there was another traffic jam on the M3 so I, yet again, had to reach Dorking via the A31 Hogs Back and through Guildford. I had no actual appointments today and so used the day in the office to deal with quite a lot of administration work and had meetings with my team to discuss workloads and other housekeeping matters. Lunch was chili con carne in the restaurant. I returned back to our village in time for a special Lent Evening Eucharist at St. John's Church. There were only about a dozen of us (including three clerics). Elizabeth took the service (assisted by Nils) in a rather different format replacing the normal sermon with a discussion session about why we sometimes ignore what God asks us to do. Back home,Sara and I watched the next episode of Auf Wiedersehen Pet followed by a lengthy documentary about the life of Brian Clough. This was being screened as a spoiler to the film Damned United which is to be released on Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment