Friday, June 05, 2009

Golf with Mary

Another day in Salisbury with a morning full of meetings. Quite a similar day to last week with a break at lunchtime for the Christian Fellowship meeting. Sara, unfortunately, couldn't join us as she had a meeting which lasted well into the CF meeting and she decided to use the remainder of her lunch hour buying balloons, poppers and bunting for her birthday celebration. I slipped out to the bank but otherwise spent all day inside the office. I joined Vicki H, Sarah C and Vicki's husband for a quick drink in the George & Dragon after work. They serve excellent John Smith's Bitter - beautifully kept and chilled so there is, at least, one pub in Salisbury for David and Andrea to visit. Tonight Mary and I visited Grateley to play golf having found that she needs larger clubs too - so I fitted her out with some of Tom's junior clubs. We played from about 7.30 p.m until 9.00 p.m. and then visited The Plough at Grateley where we sat outside, me with a bitter shandy and Mary with a J2O orange and passion fruit. My golf was slightly better than the other evening when I played with Tom and I went round in 39. Mary found driving difficult and so she was taking quite a few shots. She needs to get some driving practice and learn how to swing a club properly. Nevertheless, she enjoyed her game and remarked that it was good exercise. Unfortunately, she did not win the prize for the best presentation at school today although she was a finalist. Tonight we received an email from Sara's Dad with details of where he is staying near Salisbury. I will pick him and Andrea up next week. A short blog today. I need to skim read Steve Chalke's book on Stop the Traffik as I may be called upon to give a short presentation about the chocolate issue tomorrow at Men's Breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment