Tuesday, June 02, 2009

A Visit to Devon

I woke this morning to yet another bright and sunny day. After making tea and cooking bacon for Tom and me, I set off for our Exeter office by way of Amesbury where I picked up my colleague, Belinda, who had driven down from Dorking. We made good time at got to Exeter at just before 9.30 a.m. and settled ourselves down in the HR Department there. The office in Exeter was such a contrast to earlier days - only three people in and it resembled at chapel of rest. It was so quiet and sombre. Belinda and I had a full day interviewing witnesses for a tribunal to be held in Exeter in a month's time but did manage to get a short lunch break - I had a quorn chow mein-style noodle dish which filled a hole but had little else to recommend it. It was again hot hot hot - reaching 28.5 degrees Celsius. We completed our work by 4.30 p.m. and returned to Amesbury along the A303. The radio news announced that wreckage had been found in the Atlantic Ocean along the flight path of the Air France Airbus which disappeared on Monday night. The wreckage included what appeared to be airline seats which strongly suggested that Flight AF447 did indeed come down into the ocean. When I got back home I found Sara was out. I made a cup of tea and then spent the evening scanning into my laptop all the dozens of old photographs Sara gave me which depict her first 50 years. When added to the ones I've scanned from slides, we now have a substantial collection for her Party on the 13th . A particular favourite is published here!

No comments:

Post a Comment