Monday, June 29, 2009

A Scorcher - Hot! Hot! Hot!

The hottest day so far this year. I drove into Dorking this morning and was grateful for the air conditioning in my car as the temperature had risen to 26.5 degrees Celsius before I had even arrived at the office at 9.30 a.m. Today was taken up with preparation for my two-day trip to Exeter for the employment tribunal I am doing there for the company as advocate. I will spend tomorrow at our offices there and the following day in the tribunal itself. A meeting concerning the tribunal was held over lunch and so I was grateful to have brought in sandwiches today. It was certainly a day for staying in the air-conditioned offices. Tonight, on the way home, my car recorded a temperature of 33 degrees Celsius on the M25 -that's 5 degrees above the average annual temperature for the Bahamas! Sara had a Virgin Vie party tonight so I took the motorway back to Wiltshire. I am so glad I had done so as the radio traffic news announced that there had been a terrible accident near the Shepherd & Flock Roundabout at Farnham (the way I usually go home from Dorking). I arrived back home at 7.15 p.m. just as The Archers was finishing. Sara was in a rush to get out to her party as Tom had had one of his friends around and his mother, having called to pick him up, was chatting away in the kitchen. Sara had a very successful evening this evening. I wrote up this blog and did some online banking as well as looking at some papers which Stop the Traffik had sent through to me. They would like me to serve on one of their Standing Committees. Andy Murray eventually, tonight, won a flood-lit thriller to give himself a place in the Wimbledon Men's Singles Quarter Finals.

No comments:

Post a Comment