Wednesday, June 10, 2009

We're going to Spring Harvest 2010!!

It was the Duke of Edinburgh's 88th Birthday today so the Union flag was hoisted. The weather turned cool and wet this morning and I had to drive through some quite heavy showers on my way to Dorking. Sara left early also to go up to the Moodys' at Robin Hill Farm to dial in to the Butlins' Spring Harvest Booking Line. She phoned me just after 8.30 a.m. to say we had all been successfully booked in. Hurrah! A year without going to Spring Harvest seems unthinkable now. We couldn't get the bungalows we wanted for 4 people so we will be back in our usual apartment accommodation. The Blue Sky Apartments were not available for Max either. Sara also told me that her father's flight Once in Dorking I had a meeting which lasted nearly all the morning and dealt with some complaint cases in the afternoon. Tonight Sara and I spoke to David who is at a hotel in Suffolk drinking real ale. He and Andrea are tired after their long transatlantic flight. Tonight we ate a curry which I brought in from Sainsbury's in Farnham and then I prepared the paperwork for my Deanery Synod meeting tomorrow. England won their World Cup Qualifier tonight at Wembley against Andorra 6-0 and they have as good as qualified already with three games still to go. I also learned this evening that Millvina's funeral will be next week and only family are requested to attend. Such a pity as I would dearly have liked to have gone. Sara found some old video recordings of us all having tea at Millvina's bungalow many years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment