Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Tesco's v. Golf (A Case of Priorities)

I spent today in Salisbury with our HR Case Management Team reviewing the current case load and preparing for the tribunal we have next week. I arrived at the office very early today yet, despite this, found only two free car parking spaces. Meetings took up most of my day but I seem to be reasonably up to date with my correspondence too. Lunch with Sara consisted of a roll and a strange orange and carrot soup which didn't really seem to work other than being a consistent orange colour; but it filled a hole. I didn't have much of an appetite anyway. Good job, as the company announced today its proposed cutting back of the restaurant facilities in the Autumn and the removal of subsidised food. This will be a real blow to our more rural offices but is likely to have little effect upon Salisbury. The increased re-structuring and outsourcing continues to have its toll on the staff. This announcement will not help morale. This evening I had planned to play golf at Grateley but due a mix-up with the Tesco delivery for reasons I won't go into on this blog, I had to pick up Mary and her two girl friends from Brownies at Norman Court whilst Sara was trying to get through to Tesco's Internet delivery office to sort it all out. It looked as though Sara would have to go into Salisbury to do her own shopping and so I didn't get to play my golf. As it happened, Tesco's then said they could deliver and they duly turned up at around 9 p.m. Once more I feel quite tired. The weather remains warm with a beautiful clear sky as I write this at 9.50 p.m. Off to Dorking tomorrow so will try and get to bed early tonight - after I've eaten my potted shrimps - get up early tomorrow morning for an early start in Dorking to allow myself some time tomorrow night to play my belated golf game.

No comments:

Post a Comment