Sunday, June 07, 2009

Trinity Sunday

I slept fitfully last night - principally because of Sara's snoring! I found myself waking periodically during the night. Eventually, I got up at 8 a.m. but few others stirred. Only Tom and I went to church this morning - an All Age Eucharist service taken by Elizabeth. It was another good service by Elizabeth with her explaining the concept of the Trinity using the three forms of water - ice, representing the cold, awesome, remote concept of the Father; water - representing the cleansing, life giving flowing power of the Son; and steam, the nimble, all pervading yet difficult-to-put-in-a-box concept of the Holy Spirit. The children loved it, especially the ice which some of them ate! Norman T reminded me that he wanted me to speak at Probus in November so I must note it down in my diary - the history of the great transatlantic liners. Klynn came up with a great idea for Sara's party which, because Sara reads this blog, I am unable to disclose. It is likely to cause some mirth at the party. Sara now has a total of 75 adults and 45 children coming - a grand total of 120! I do hope the pig and the chocolate will go round. This afternoon, Tom and I made two trips to the Amesbury Recycling Centre with more garden debris and all the old laminate flooring which we've replaced by floor tiles in the en-suite. As a reward, I took him to the same KFC which Klynn and I had visited yesterday. This afternoon I went round to Richard's to make sure that my laptop and his projector would work together in displaying, on a screen, all the photos of Sara I had scanned from David's slides and old prints. It worked!! We are now set up for the slide show on Saturday. I attended the West Dean BCP Evensong this evening. There were only about a dozen of us with only me and Tania from Winterslow. It was a nice, quite meditative type of service with a sermon from Gill again on the topic of the Trinity. Back home I cleaned my car, both inside and out before Malcolm phoned from Liverpool to ask about arrangements for the next weekend. We had a long chat about many topics but in particular about the lack of frankness of many company's towards their employees at this time of recession. His own company is suspending all employer pension contributions for six-months. I wonder how much longer our final salary scheme will go on for. It is going to be really difficult for Tom's generation. We are probably the last of the lucky ones. I rang Mum tonight. She seemed in fine fettle but has to go to the hospital again on the 22nd for the results of further tests to be explained to her. I finished the day by scanning another couple of photos including our favourite one taken of us all in the Bahamas by a professional photographer. I have now made that my desktop picture. We are so looking forward to being back there - total relaxation.

No comments:

Post a Comment