Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Laundry v. Golf

Woke reasonably early and hoisted the Scottish flag to commemorate the 695th anniversary of the Battle of Bannockburn. The weather was light and sunny with hardly a breath of wind so the flag hung rather limply on the pole. I didn't leave the house especially early this morning but the traffic to Dorking was very kind and I arrived at the office at around 9.25 a.m. Belinda did not arrive until much later as she was feeling rather unwell (she left shortly after lunchtime). The reason for me being in Dorking evaporated when the meeting I was due to attend was cancelled at the last minute! My meeting in Dorking tomorrow has also been cancelled so I shall work in Salisbury instead. Lunch was poor quality "grey" fishcakes - I guess this is a way of ensuring that staff do not miss their restaurant meals if they finally disappear. The joy of work is distinctly lacking in Dorking as well as Salisbury. The weather was glorious as I drove back home this evening listening to the Spring Harvest CDs until it was time for The Archers. I decided that I would try and get nine holes in at Grateley Golf Course tonight but on reaching home found that there was so much laundry overflowing in the guest room that I really didn't feel comfortable going out to have to tidy all this up tonight. Sara had been out for most of the day with Morning Star or putting the Parish Magazine together. After a shower, I sat down to write up the blog and send several emails out in preparation for the House Group tomorrow night. I must start thinking and praying earnestly about the Intercessions I am to deliver at the Cynthia's first communion on Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment