Monday, June 15, 2009

Year of the Pig!!

Back to Dorking for a rest - or so I thought after such a hectic and fun packed weekend. One of the best weekends I've had in a long time. Last night's pub quiz was the icing on the cake! Now today it was the long haul to Surrey although the traffic was surprisingly kind this morning. The meetings were quite a bit tougher. The need to make savings becomes ever more a challenge and people and culture seem to be going through a "sea-change". By lunchtime I had little appetite so just had cream of chicken soup and a roll (I only had a couple of slices of toast for breakfast too). Sara spent the day - until 2.30 p.m. with her Dad and Andrea in Salisbury. They lunched in the George & Dragon in Castle Street. I left the office reasonably promptly (about 5.20 p.m.) and listened to the brand new series of "I'm Sorry I Haven't a Clue" hosted by Stephen Fry who has replaced the late great Humphrey Lyttleton. The format is still the same and the jokes similar. He is a very good replacement indeed but his timing is nowhere nearly as good as Humph's and he will need to work a bit on it before he will truly replace the great man. I also managed to catch up on The Archers where one of the main plots was the fact that one of Neil's pig suppliers is "going under". Why are pigs featuring in my life so much? In China it's the Year of the Pig - that can be the only explanation. 1959 when Sara was born was also The Year of the Pig and I bought her a silver pig for her charm bracelet too. I am rapidly going off pork! Perhaps I should become a Muslim too! I definitely need an early night tonight - a hot bath and bed. Tomorrow is another busy day with David and Andrea when we plan to climb up the tower of Salisbury Cathedral.

1 comment:

  1. or Jew, as they don't eat pork either
    and i keep making a pigs ear of everything too ;-)

    ReplyDelete