Monday, June 22, 2009

Monday in Dorking

A relatively unremarkable day today. Woke at 6 a.m. and after a shower and breakfast set off for Dorking via Grateley Station to pick up Anthony. The weather was warm and sunny although became overcast as the day progressed. Anthony informed me, as he got into my car, that last night his father had fallen and broken his leg in two places after "blacking out". There was a suspicion of a heart problem. He will need to go over this afternoon to Redhill Hospital to see him and I offered to take him over if that helped as he doesn't drive and will have to get a train and taxi. Neither my secretary nor second-in-command were in today - one in Spain and the other at Wimbledon. I dealt with around 5o emails which had come in for me on Friday whilst I was in London and which I had been unable to respond to. The day, accordingly, went very quickly and i managed get all the important matters out of the way but still have a lot to do tomorrow when I am in Salisbury. This evening I ordered some more business cards and a holder to replace the leather credit card wallet I lost on Friday. It's now 10.30 p.m. as I write this and I am feeling extremely tired so will take myself off to bed to feel refreshed in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment