Monday, June 08, 2009

A Monday not to hate (nothing went too wrong!)

It was lovely to be working in Salisbury on a Monday. It was a great day and I got through quite a lot of niggling work as well as having a meeting with Claims in the morning and a telephone 1:1 with my boss in the afternoon. Both meetings were very positive and resulted in clear plans. I also discovered that I had won two tickets for Friends Provident Trophy 20/20 cricket match between Warwickshire v Somerset at Edgbaston on the 28th June. I shall probably take Tom as Sara doesn't enjoy or understand cricket. We will support Somerset, no doubt, and fly the Somerset flag that day! At lunchtime I visited the bank and post office and posted off a printed copy of last week's blog to Mum. She certainly reads it and it is a good way of her keeping up to date with what is going on down here. This evening I scanned another couple of photos and managed to crop one of Sara's Mum to fit into a postcard frame. She now wants me find and adjust one of her father to put into a frame too. It is fantastic what you can so with photographically with all the modern technology available. With all my old photos and slide which I can now scan, crop and enhance, I have hours of enjoyable work ahead of me. I also burned a couple of copies of Indescribable for Maxime and Steve L. I took a copy around to Steve together with the vegetarian menu for Sara's party. I also delivered cheques for the hire of the Village Hall to Sharon. Sara had a number of phone calls including one from her mother's old friend Myrna confirming she was coming on Saturday. The weather was kind to us today - no rain and rather cool. Tomorrow is Sara's Mum's birthday and we will hoist the English St. George's flag. Sara's big toe is hurting again tonight and we think the diagnosis might be gout. I also emailed our house group members as I will not be able to lead the group on Thursday night because I shall be attending my first Deanery Synod at Downton and Sara wants to use the time to make sure all is prepared for her father's visit on Friday. I was amused this evening to learn through Facebook that one of Klynn's daughters had, for a dare, run into the road in her pyjamas and "mooned". Very amusing but I am sure she will get "The Stare" on his return - as will Susan!

No comments:

Post a Comment