Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Brazil mourns Flight AF447

Awoke at 6.30 a.m. today and hoisted the French flag at half-mast after learning that there was to be a three-day period of mourning in Brazil for the 228 people on board the missing Air France Airbus. It was also announced that wreckage found in the Atlantic had definitely come from an Air France airliner. There is little doubt now that this wreckage is the remains of Flight AF447. After my long trip to Exeter and back, yesterday, it was good to only be in Salisbury today. A full day as usual with a short lunch break in the restaurant with Andy P - roast beef and trimmings. Sara went out to lunch with the rest of the HR Lead Consultants - their very last meeting today before the role is redundant with the termination of most of them - including Sara. The end of an era. I received a phone call from Stop the Traffik relating to a further initiative they have and asking me if I am interested in being involved. I have arranged to see Simon and Ruth on Friday 19 June up at their offices in London following meetings I have there already to discuss this and other issues where I can help. This evening Tom and I went to Grateley to play some golf. Tom hadn't played for quite a while and it was clear that his junior glove and junior clubs were now too small for him and he had to use my second set of adult clubs (those I reserve for visitors) and buy him a new glove from Roger, the Professional. Tom seemed to get the hang of the larger clubs immediately and played some excellent golf. His driving was much better than mine and I had an awful half-round shooting a 46 (it was 36 last time out!) and Tom managed 48 (the first time he has gone under 50). In matchplay terms we drew 4.5 - 4.5. It was a pleasant warm evening and we visited The Plough pub in Grateley afterwards. Tonight I also scanned in a few more photos of Sara. No Desperate Housewives tonight - they have finished for the season - yippeeee!!

No comments:

Post a Comment