Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Back in Winterslow - Back to paperwork

Woke up at about 7 a.m. after my first night in bed offshore for four nights. Mary wasn't too keen to go to school this morning but Sara finally managed to persuade her that she needed to go. I spent this morning in the study dealing with a number of emails and letters which had come in whilst I have been on the Thames. Next week I shall be going to Fiona's funeral and also, on the same day (Thursday) going down to Brighton to deliver my Ezra & Nehemiah lecture to Royal Sussex Royal Arch Chapter. Sara went off to Morning Star but returned at about 10.30 a.m. as there was not a lot of work to be done up there today. She then went off to Fareham to pick up four new kitchen chairs which she had acquired ("won" I think is the term) off E-Bay. This afternoon I attended a church Standing Committee meeting at Mike's for the purpose of setting the agenda for the PCC meeting on Wednesday evening. After this meeting I drove up to Andover to pay in some cheques which had arrived in the post whilst I had been away. This evening Richard picked up my golfing equipment as we are playing at Paulton's Park and I listened to the MK Dons v. Southampton match - Nigel Adkins's first since taking over as manager on Monday, which resulted in a convincing win for MK Dons - 2-0. A bad start for the Saints' new manager. Richard stopped for a glass of Foster's and we chatted about today's meeting and Saint's fortunes. Must go to bed early tonight as he will be calling for me to play golf at 6 a.m. tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment