Friday, September 03, 2010

A Far Distance

Up early this morning. Again I didn't sleep too well last night and was up in the middle of the night watching "On the Buses". The sky was beautifully clear at that time and it was possible to see the Great Galaxy in Andromeda clearly with the naked eye - an object some 2 million light years distant - the furthest object anyone on Earth can see with the naked eye. Jupiter was also a brilliant object in the south. I breakfasted at Ambassadors' at the Grasmere House Hotel and returned home to have coffee and attend to some mail. Richard called at 11 a.m. and we drove to Wilton to play eighteen holes of golf. We dropped Tom off near Waitrose as he was going to spend a couple of hours in the city centre shopping and getting the bus back to the village. Our golf was a little erratic to say the least - we both had some marvellous shots and some we would rather forget. I used my new tees which I bought in Christchurch which I was informed should make my balls go a farther distance. It seems that it is the tee, not the ball, which goes further! We had a late lunch at the Hampton Park Inn (2 meals for £10) and after a quick dash to Tesco's for some saline solution for Sara's contact lenses, it was back home. Tonight the kids went to the Youth Club up on Barry's Fields where Mary managed to get a table tennis bat thumped on her hand. By the time I picked her up it was still red but she seemed okay. Sara is out tonight at one of her Vie parties again.

No comments:

Post a Comment