Sunday, September 26, 2010

Our 12th Wedding Anniversary. We exchanged gifts and cards in bed this morning and I made us tea. Sara and Mary spent today at a make-up training course in Totton leaving Tom and me on our own to go to church this morning. It was another of Linda's excellent services with material provided by Rockface. Tom seemed to enjoy the service, singing the songs loudly and enjoyed seeing himself on the projector screen. The service was very well attended with about 60 in the congregation - extremely good considering many who would normally be there were at a Scouts Service over in Alderbury. Tom cleaned our en suite bathroom and I mowed the lawns and cleaned my car as well as cooking lunch for Tom and me (battered haddock and mushy peas) and preparing dinner for the children - spaghetti bolognaise. Sara and Mary returned at about 4.30 p.m. with Mary grinning from ear to ear as she had been ued as the make-up model and now looked about 17 instead of 9 - see picture! Tonight I cooked skate wings in white wine and capers (a 1996 white Burgundy which I had saved had gone off and so I used a Chilean white) for Sara and me as a celebratory anniversary meal - followed by chocolate brownie ice cream and cheese and biscuits. We watched a variety of TV programmes ending with two classic episodes of The Good Life.

No comments:

Post a Comment