Tuesday, September 07, 2010

Slipped Discs?

Woke up at about 7.30 a.m. today in the small nursery bedroom at Peter's house in Hove. I read my daily devotionals and then washed and dressed. Peter was not about when I went downstairs and so I made myself a mug of tea and two rounds of toast and marmalade. I sat in the main living room and read the Brighton Evening Argus for the previous Friday and chatted to Peter's son, Ian's, girlfriend, Kirsty. Peter joined us and we talked in depth about plans for our extension. I left Hove at about 11.30 a.m. returning in part along the coast road as I wanted to stop off at Rustington to bank some cheques. They have an irritating parking scheme there where it is necessary to park your car in a designated car park, then go to find a shop which provides parking discs to put in the car. In the meantime, if your car is seen without a disc a fine will be imposed! How then, are you expected to acquire a disc, if you are a visitor like me, without parking your car first? The bank didn't supply them and eventually I got one at a furniture shop! Once in my car, it looked as though I was a disabled person! I arrived back home at about 2.30 p.m. and was out again at 5.30 p.m. for a meeting of Stonehenge Chapter at 6.00 p.m. in Salisbury. This was a big meeting as the Provincial Executive and Team were performing the ceremony. About seventy of us dined afterwards. I was seated with the Wiltshire Inspector General of Rose Croix and a member of the Provincial Team who runs a coffee equipment business and knows one of my former commercial clients when I was in private practice in Brighton. I didn't get home until nearly 11 p.m. and after a cup of coffee and a glass of wine went to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment