Monday, September 06, 2010

A rainy evening in Hove

A day spent at home this morning catching up on paperwork and other small chores now that one child, Mary, is back to school. Tom was quite happy sorting out his bedroom and spending time up there. This afternoon, after afternoon tea, I drove over to Hove for a meeting of my mother lodge's general purposes committee held at a school along the Old Shoreham Road. The traffic was terrible and an accident at Arundel meant that I took the coast road to avoid the queues but met others in the Bognor and Worthing. The weather also turned nasty and it was pouring with rain by the time I arrived (just on time) for the meeting at 7 p.m. We seem to have some issues with getting enough officers together next year. I am to be appointed Senior Warden which means I shall be in the chair in 2011. Following the meeting, Peter, Roger and I had a couple of pints in The Stanley Arms in Wolseley Street. A typical old back street pub serving a variety of excellent real ales. After dropping off Roger, Peter and I returned to his home where we had a late dinner of pasta bake and a long chat about lodge matters, our extension and other private issues, finally going to bed at 1.00 p.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment