Monday, September 27, 2010

My Birthday - Still 50 Something!

My birthday! Woke up early this morning and Sara brought in a cup of tea and the children my birthday presents. I received £20 from my Mum, a golf accessory kit from the Russells, the complete first 10 series of Last of the Summer Wine from Sara (not my only present :))!), a "Grumpy ol' Dad" mug from Mary and a book of Pub Quiz questions from Tom. Sara brought up breakfast in bed - smoked salmon and scrambled egg with orange juice on a tray, and allowed me to have a bit of a lie in this morning. After a shower, I did get up and watched some TV - a programme about the Cumbrian shootings and the role of the air ambulances. I wrote up my blog from yesterday and wrote a couple of letters before Sara and I drove into Salisbury for a buffet lunch together at Anokaa, the excellent Indian restaurant in Fisherton Street. Excellent food. We had originally intended to have an organic meal at Fisherton Mill cafe but it is apparently closed on Mondays as we found out. After trips to the opticians and the bank we returned home and I had a nap - not used to having a beer at lunchtime. This evening we all went out as a family to our favourite Chinese restaurant - the Water Margin at North Baddesley near Romsey. Another excellent meal - never had a poor one there. Again it was a very reasonably priced gourmet buffet. Received dozens and dozens of birthday greetings from Facebook followers which was really lovely. Going to watch a little more TV now to round off a perfectly lazy birthday - the first lazy birthday in many years. Mmmmmmmmmmmm!

No comments:

Post a Comment