Thursday, September 16, 2010

Early Morning Golf

Up very early indeed this morning - 5.15 a.m. - as Richard was calling in at 6.00 a.m. to pick me up to play golf at Paulton's Park. I made tea for Sara and me and also had a couple of rounds of toast and marmalade before Richard arrived. Dawn was breaking as we arrived at the golf course and we managed to be the first on the tee at around 6.45 a.m. The greens were quite wet and we could see the balls spraying water as they ran along the fairways and green - leaving a trace of their route. Quite interesting to see how much out we were with our approaches to the hole. Note a brilliant round of golf today. Richard shot 102 and I shot a 125 - very poor indeed. I just didn't seem to be getting the distances although I was the only one to get a par - on the usually difficult 8th. We finish at 11 a.m. and drank coffee outside accompanied by a KitKat (Fairtrade of course) each. We arrived at The Vine at 12 noon and had a pint of Old Speckled Hen each and 8oz steak and chips - the steak being a bit too overdone for our liking but we were both quite hungry. Not bad though for £6 each. I have to confess to having a short nap when I got back. Sara was looking after the two children of a neighbour of ours (an army family) whose parents were attending a significant funeral for an officer killed out in Afghanistan. I mowed the lawns later this afternoon and after a nice hot bath prepared the house group material for tonight's house group. There were five of us this evening tackling Revelation 17-20 - very heavy going. Just have one more week to go (I shall not be at the next and last Revelation meeting as I shall be in Brighton that night). We need to choose another topic - probably either an old Testament book or the Sermon on the Mount.

No comments:

Post a Comment