Wednesday, September 01, 2010

Hassocks! Wheeling and Bowling!

I was up early this morning, made tea and had a sausage sandwich for breakfast. As arranged, I went up to All Saints this morning at around 10 a.m. to help Richard, Norman and Pam return all (or most!) of the enormous quantity of contents back into the church after the Death Watch Beetle spraying. Included amongst the items were hassocks, books, hymn books, candles, hymnals, vast quantities of sheet music, toys for the creche, bibles, palms, communion wine, notice boards, etc. etc. etc. We transferred all these items by wheelbarrow from the Junior Church mobile back into the main building - trundling across an uneven churchyard. We finally finished (apart from a few more hassocks) around 1 p.m. after several trips wheeling items and storing them away. There seem to be hundred and hundreds of hassocks! With the hard work and the horrible taste of the spray in our mouths we decided that we needed a bit of liquid refreshment and so popped into the Lord Nelson for just one quick pint. We met Klynn and Cristof in their and joined them for a short time. Sara managed to sniff me out and reminded me that we were taking the children bowling in Southampton that afternoon. After a quick lunch of pasta, Sara drove us all to the Tenpin Bowling Alley where we had three games (Tom won one, Sara another and me the final one) and a meal - all paid for by Tesco vouchers. Tonight I checked my investments as I do every first day of the month. I bought some BP shares yesterday and they are already doing better than where the money was previously. They were pretty rock-bottom I think yesterday and I think can only improve.

No comments:

Post a Comment