Saturday, September 04, 2010

A Day of Football or Saints fail again!

A long day of football today. Awoke this morning from a strange dream involving Spring Harvest, a massive hundred-mile motorway traffic jam and ended with me fighting to get back to my car after walking along the motorway for tens of miles using the London Underground. I can only think that this is a reference to the long detailed form I had to fill in last night to apply to become a steward at next year's Spring Harvest. At least I slept through the night although this morning I had something of a headache and have felt a little nauseous all day. I took Tom over to Alderbury this morning for a friendly match between Alderbury Under 14s (Tom being seconded to the team for training purposes) and their Under 15s. The Under 15s, not surprisingly, won 4-1. As Admin. Manager for Clarendon Under 14s I dished out as many subscription forms as I could and will need to chase up the rest. After a quick dash home to change and (in Tom's case) a shower, Tom and I went to Southampton for the Saints v. Rochdale match. Mary was picked up this morning by Andrea, the mother of Mary's good friend Izzy, who took the two girls off to Wilton House Gardens for the day. Tom and I got to Southampton in good time (not a great deal of traffic today), had our fish and chips (I had fish, no chips as I still feel a bit under the weather) and settled down for the game. Our friend John was not looking too well today and we learned that he had suffered a burst appendix last week and had been in hospital. I was surprised he had come especially as the performance from the Saints was so poor that it could hardly have cheered him up. Our other friends, Andy, Twiggy and sons, were attending their first match this season as they had been away in Australia. A really poor performance indeed resulting in a 0-2 defeat at the hands of recently promoted Rochdale who are spending their first ever season above the fourth tier where they have been for all of their history. Humiliating. What is going on at the club? Sack your manager after a fantastic win away and lose two games at home under a caretaker manager. Tonight Sara is babysitting for Karen and Paul so Tom and I got a Chinese takeawy from Porton. Still feeling fragile tonight and not really looking forward to the racing tomorrow unless I feel a bit better.

No comments:

Post a Comment