Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Busy, Busy, Busy - Again!

Another busy day today - back to paperwork and tidying up. Sara went off this morning on Calendar Girls business and ended up being interviewed for Spire FM. I spent the morning dealing with correspondence and took delivery of the bible reading guides which I spent the evening sorting out for the various recipients. This afternoon I went into Andover to undertake some banking and opened a new account for the Winterslow Calendar Girls - I have agreed to act as treasurer and look after the donations and sponsorship money. Feeling much better today but seem to be rather overwhelmed with the immense amount of work to be done in the house, garden and study - particularly with Adam (Sara's brother) coming to stay with us for ten days right in the middle of a busy period. I feel less retired today than I have ever done and so now reject the label "retired" as it simply does not fit! I mowed the bank and front lawn this evening. Everything is currently very dry but weeds seem to be springing up with incredible ease. Have a busy day of meetings tomorrow morning and evening and cannot see myself being free of work for the rest of the week. I think I'll get an early night tonight (after catching up on the second part of the programme on the Vatican I want to watch) and getting up early tomorrow. I just wish the kids would put things away and try and keep their room tidy. Sara is working at Morning Star tomorrow and we just don't seem to ever catch up on domestic chores.

No comments:

Post a Comment