Friday, April 08, 2011

Preparing for Route 66

Busy day today, especially f0r Sara, who spent the morning at Wilton House viewing locations for her Calendar with the photographer, Mandie. The children stayed with me and I spent the morning preparing for our trip to Spring Harvest especially by printing off all the essential details need to check in and instructions for joining the staff for the second week. The theme of the this ear's Spring Harvest is "Route 66" being a reference to the 66 books which make up the Holy Bible. Route 66, of course, was also the number of the famous cross-States highway from Chicago to Los Angeles (part of which I have travelled along in Los Angeles to its terminus at the beach at Santa Monica). Mary and I joined Sara at the Lord Nelson for lunch today - garlic mushrooms and chips - not the healthiest of meals but very enjoyable (Roger does do good chips!). I am still off the beer until Easter so drank soda and lime cordial. It will be so nice to have a pint of London Pride at Easter. This afternoon I tidied up and cleared out my car and this evening started to pack - in fact, by 9 p.m. I had finished most of it. Sara was on duty at the Kidzone youth club this evening and then went to Tesco's to buy essential groceries for Minehead as we are self-catering. She seemed to be gone for an enormous length of time. Sara has decided to go to bed early tonight and resume her own packing early tomorrow morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment