Friday, April 01, 2011

Lunch with old collegaues

A bit more of a leisurely day today after all the travelling and meetings yesterday but an early start all the same as I was taking Ed and Tony into Salisbury this morning at 7.00 a.m. for this week's Ambassadors' breakfast meeting at Grasmere House Hotel. Tony was able to do a one-minute "elevator" pitch which I think he found useful as well as making a couple of useful contacts. I returned home for an hour or so and ordered some flowers to be delivered to Mum in Grimsby (- I accidentally phoned Mum instead of the florists and had a quick chat to her - apparently she is in a lot of pain with her fibromyalgia -) before setting off for Salisbury again to have lunch at Anokaa's with Phil and Susan, my former claims colleagues from Friends Provident - now Friends Life. We had a very pleasant though slightly rushed buffet lunch at which we tried to catch up on so much news since we had last met - last year. We agreed that we should do it again soon buy try and make it an early evening event so people didn't have to rush back to work. I walked back to Waitrose via the card shop and bought Mothering Sunday cards for me and the kids to send to Mum in Grimsby. These were posted first class at the Waitrose post office. I also bought flowers for Sara too. This evening Sara went to Fordingbridge to a very good Vie at Home customer and came back with some good orders. I watched Michael McIntyre on the TV and I am looking forward to seeing him live on stage in Liverpool in November 2012!! Yes, we've had to book tickets to see him that far in advance to ensure we can get them. It was either Liverpool or Cardiff and as we can all stay up in Liverpool with a friend it seemed the best choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment