Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Tennis Weather

I woke early today feeling much better than on previous mornings recently. Another beautiful morning. Sara brought me in a cup of tea and I then had an early shower. I attended Morning Prayer with the clergy followed by breakfast and then Mid-Week Eucharist at St. John's I joined Rosemary's bible reading study group before returning home for a soup lunch. Sara had spent the morning working at Morning Star and brought back a huge bag of bananas - the Hartlepool Monkey would have loved them). After lunch I cycled to East Winterslow and distributed a few bible reading books to subscribers en route. I spent twenty minutes or so with Hilary as she showed me around her garden and gave me some petunias to take back for Sara. She was in a very chatty mood and we passed the twenty minutes together very quickly. She is very concerned that we have had so little rain which is not good for her plants but which doesn't seem to retard the growth of the weeds! Back home I had a cup of tea before walking up to the school to collect Mary. We treated ourselves (or rather I treated us both!) to ice lollies. Sophie called round shortly after we returned to see Sara and took away a bunch of bananas! Tom and I played tennis before tea for the first time this year and I was delighted to find that my weight loss meant I could move more nimbly around the court. Tom did manage, however to win two out of three games where we actually scored. Tonight I was due to meet up with the Methodists and Baptist minister at the Baptist church to discuss the ecumenical Food for Thought service but the minister didn't turn up - he had forgotten our meeting! The three of us who did turn up held a meeting in the car park and managed to deal with all the business in half an hour. I now need to write up a short minute and circulate it. There seems to be so much to do at present with so little time. Most days over the next few weeks seem to be fully occupied. I shall have an early night tonight and crack on tomorrow. Back to Fat Fighters' again tomorrow and feel that I have definitely put on weight this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment